CHIPITS Homemade Granola Bars
These nutty, chewy bars are so delicious and easy to make, you may never eat store-bought again. Perfect for busy families.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (250 mL)
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup flax seed (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (175 mL)
- 1 cup smooth almond or peanut butter (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup liquid honey (50 mL)
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1. Line an 8 to 9-inch (20 to 23-cm) square pan with cling film or overlapping strips of parchment or wax paper. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, puffed rice, chocolate chips, flax seed, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, salt nut butter, add the honey and the vanilla extract. Stir gently until well blended.
2. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a big spoon to mix them together until the two are evenly combined. If the mixture seems wet add more oats.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Use the spoon or your hands to put the mixture evenly in the pan, use a measuring cup or another same size pan to press the mixture down well into the pan.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Remove from the pan and slice the bars into a size that you like. Bars keep well for a couple of days at room temperature, in the fridge or the freezer.