CHIPITS Grasshopper Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract (7 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- GRASSHOPPER TOPPING
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (1 L)
- 3/4 cup milk (175 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp green food colouring (7 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (35%) (375 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. CUPCAKES: In large microwave-safe bowl (or in medium saucepan over low heat), melt mint chocolate chips and butter. Stir in sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder.
3. Mix until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into 24 large paper baking cups.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cake tester has moist (NOT WET) crumbs on it. Let cool.
5. GRASSHOPPER TOPPING: In medium saucepan, melt marshmallows with milk over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in mint extract and green food colouring. Chill until cool but not set, about 15 minutes.
6. In small bowl, whip cream. Fold in marshmallow mixture. Top each cupcake with a spoonful of grasshopper mixture. Chill.
Makes 24 cupcakes.