CHIPITS Easy Chocolate Cracker Snacks Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 3 2/3 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (900 mL)
- 2 tbsp shortening (30 mL)
- 60 to 70 round buttery crackers (250 g)
- 1. Line several trays or cookie sheets with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips and shortening in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Continue heating 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Drop crackers into chocolate mixture, one at a time. Using tongs, push cracker into chocolate so that it is covered completely. (If chocolate begins to thicken, reheat 10 to 20 seconds in microwave.) Remove from chocolate, tapping lightly on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens (about 20 minutes). For best results, store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies.
Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate: Use 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips, 2 cups (500 mL) CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips and 2 tbsp (30 mL) shortening. Proceed as above.
White Chocolate Chip and Toffee Bits: Melt 4 cups (1 L) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips and 2 tbsp (30 mL) shortening. Dip crackers; before coating hardens sprinkle with CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits.