CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Truffle Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|6 tbsp||melted butter or margarine (90 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||granulated sugar (300 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL )|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour plus 2 tbsp (280 mL )|
|1/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL )|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder (2 mL )|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL )||CHEESECAKE:|
|3 pkgs (8 oz each)||brick-style cream cheese (750 g )|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL )|
|1/4 cup||35% whipping cream (50 mL )|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL )|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL )|
|2 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (500 mL )|
|1/2 tsp||vegetable shortening (2 mL )|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan.
2. Brownie Layer: Stir together melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs; stirring until blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from sides of the pan.
3. Cheesecake: Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs, whipping cream, vanilla and salt, beating until well blended. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the chocolate chips. Place remaining chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted when stirred. Gradually blend melted chocolate into the cheesecake batter.
4. Immediately after removing brownie from the oven, spoon cheesecake mixture over the brownie. Return to the oven; continue baking for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven to a wire rack. Run a knife arund the edge of the pan to loosen cake from sides of the pan. Cool to room temperature. Remove springform ring.
5. Place reserved chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over top of the cheesecake. Cover; chill for several hours until cold throughout. Garnish as desired. Reserve leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.