CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chia Bites
Dark chocolate adds richness to this delicious combo of figs, nuts and seeds.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped dried figs (250 mL)
- 1 cup toasted almonds (250 mL)
- 1 cup large flake oats (250 mL)
- 3 tbsp boiling water (45 mL)
- 1/4 cup chia or flax seeds (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (50 mL)
- 3 tbsp almond butter (45 mL)
- 1/2 bag HERSHEY'S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS 70% CHOCOLATE CHUNKS (125 g)
- Coating: ( )
- 1/2 bag HERHSEY’S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chunks (125 g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (15 mL)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (50 mL)
- 1. In the bowl of your food processor, process almonds until fine. Add oats, chia seeds and coconut, ½ of the bag of chocolate chunks; pulse until fine. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Process figs, cocoa, boiling water and almond butter until mixture is smooth, return oat mixture to the bowl of the processor and pulse until the mixture comes together, add 1-2 more tablespoons (15-30 mL) boiling water if the mixture does not hold together easily.
3. Roll mixture into 24 balls; refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
Coating: Melt the other ½ bag of chocolate chunks and coconut oil in a pan and melt over a medium/hot element, stir thoroughly until melted. Dip balls into chocolate with a fork and shake to remove excess chocolate. Transfer to waxed paper–lined baking sheets.
•Roll truffles in cocoa after dipping in chocolate if desired, or sprinkle with coconut or chia seeds.