CHIPITS Cookie D’Oh Ice Cream Sandwiches
A delicious take on cookie dough ice cream, this soft, sweet sandwich is filled with ice cream and HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/2 pound butter, softened (227 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (5 mL)
- 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (45 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (625 mL)
- 2 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened (750 mL)
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor cream together butter, brown sugar, salt, condensed milk and vanilla. Add the flour and pulse until a dough is formed. Dump the butter mixture into a bowl, add 1 cup (250 mL) of the chocolate chips and stir until fully combined.
2. Line a 9x13” (23x33 cm) cake pan with cling film leaving overhang on sides. Press mixture into the pan, evening it out as much as possible with your hands or another 9x13” (23x33 cm) pan. Top with a second piece of cling film and freeze until firm, 1 hour.
3. In a bowl combine the softened ice cream and the remaining cup of chocolate chips.
4. Remove cookie dough from pan and place onto a cutting board. Slice the dough down the center lengthwise. With the spatula, spread one half with softened vanilla ice cream mixture, gently place the other half on top, press down lightly and smooth the edges with the spatula. Transfer back to pan.
5. Freeze for 4 more hours, or up to overnight. Slice into sandwiches and serve immediately.