CHIPITS Chocolate Mint Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 3 cups sugar (750 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips (400 mL)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (175 mL)
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz) (200 g)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk plus 2 tbsp (5 oz. can) (147 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1. Line 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; butter foil lightly.
2. Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in heavy 3-quart (3L) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil. Continue boiling, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 234°F (115°C) on candy thermometer or until syrup, when dropped into very cold water, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water. (Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.)
3. Remove from heat; immediately stir in mint chocolate chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla until mixture is smooth and well blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares.
Makes about 8 dozen pieces.
NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.