CHIPITS Chocolate Mint Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 16 Minutes
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided (150 mL)
- 1/2 cup boiling water (125 mL)
- 2 cups sugar (500 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (325 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips (400 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter. Add water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle GLAZE over top, if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes about 24 to 36 brownies.
GLAZE: Stir 2/3 cup (150 mL) powdered sugar and 2 to 3 tsp (10 to 15 mL) milk in small bowl; stir in few drops green food colouring if desired.