CHIPITS Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (175 mL)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (270 g)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in milk chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.