CHIPITS Chocolate Almond Fudge Recipe
You don't need an old family recipe to make great fudge. Hershey's Kitchens has your covered, try their recipe for CHIPITS Chocolate Almond Fudge tonight!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 22 Minutes
- 4 cups sugar (1 L)
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7.5 oz) (213 g)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (375 mL)
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine (15 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (75 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped* (optional) (50 mL)
- 1. Line 9-inch (23 x 23 cm) square pan or 13x9x2-inch (33 cm x 23 cm x 5 cm) pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Stir together sugar, marshmallow crème, evaporated milk and butter in heavy 4-quart (4 L) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately add chocolate chips, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and almonds, if desired.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan; cool until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; peel off foil. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 5 dozen pieces or about 4 pounds (2 kg).
•To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool. NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.