CHIPITS Caramel Spice Cookie
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (1/2 stick) (50 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (400 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (1 to 2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (375 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Gradually blend into butter mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoons or #60 scoop onto prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie is set and edges are light golden. Cool several minutes; slide parchment paper and cookies onto cooling rack. Cool completely; peel cookies from paper.
Makes about 48 cookies.