CHIPITS and Toffee Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (375 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese (500 g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 2 cups whipped topping (500 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits and melted butter. Press onto bottom and 1/2 inch (1 cm) up sides of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Increase oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs, beating just until blended. Fold in milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from sides of pan. Cool completely.
4. Evenly spread whipped topping over surface of cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) toffee bits over whipped topping. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.