Chewy Toffee Almond Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup (175 mL)
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, divided (175 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease the sides only of a 9 x 13-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.
2. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until well blended. Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until toffee is melted.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) each almonds and coconut. Spread over baked crust, leaving a 1/4-inch (5 mm) border. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and coconut.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely on a rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.