Chewy Peanut Butter HERSHEY'S S'MORES Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- 1 cup softened butter (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (175 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (675 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (300 mL)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (125 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (approx.) (375 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C); position the racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
2. Melt peanut butter chips in a small bowl set over simmering water; cool to room temperature. Beat butter with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; gently beat into butter mixture, alternating with the melted peanut butter chips until well combined. Fold in 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chips and the almonds.
4. Drop small spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake two pans at a time, rotating the pans halfway through, for 9 minutes or until golden around the edges.
5. Top each cookie with 3 marshmallows; return to oven. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until marshmallows start to melt. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
6. Melt remaining chocolate chips in a small bowl set over simmering water; drizzle over cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
• Substitute chopped, roasted peanuts, toasted pecans or walnuts for the almonds.