Chewy and Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (575 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans (300 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until blended. Stir in dark chocolate chips and pecans. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on sheets; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Makes about 4 ½ dozen cookies.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.