Cherry White Chip Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1/2 cup||chopped maraschino cherries, well drained (125 mL)|
|1/3 cup||butter or margarine, softened (75 mL)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|2 tbsp||golden corn syrup (30 mL)|
|2/3 cup||all-purpose flour (150 mL)|
|1/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||baking powder (1 mL)|
|1/3 cup||chopped slivered almonds (75 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1 tbsp||kirsch (cherry brandy) or 1 tsp (5 mL) each: vanilla and almond extract (15 mL)||WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE (recipe follows, optional)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 8-or 9-inch (20 or 23 cm) square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease and flour foil.
2. Pat chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, corn syrup and brandy in small bowl until well blended.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking powder. Beat into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chopped cherries, almonds and white chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
5. Use foil to lift brownies out of pan; peel off foil. Cut brownies into shapes with cookie cutters or cut into squares. Garnish with WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE and maraschino cherry halves, if desired. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm; refrigerate leftover brownies.
Makes about 16 brownies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE: Place 2/3 cup (150 mL) CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips and 1 tsp (5 mL) shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds: stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH additional 15 seconds until chips are melted when stirred. Using tines of fork, drizzle across brownies.