Checkered BROOKSIDE Party Mix Recipe
This Party Mix looks as lovely as it tastes. Great for an everyday snack but pretty enough to take to your next evening at friends.
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|4-1/2 cups||crisped rice cereal squares, divided (1.125 L)|
|1/3 cup||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (75 mL)|
|3 tbsp||butter or margarine, divided (45 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract, divided (2 mL)|
|3/4 cup||powdered sugar, divided (175 mL)|
|1/3 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (75 mL)|
|1 cup||BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours (250 mL or 200-g pkg.)|
|1 cup||whole almonds (250 mL)|
|1 cup||dried sweetened cranberries (250 mL)|
- 1. Place 2-1/4 cups (550 mL) cereal in each of two large mixing bowls; set aside. Line two large trays or
cookie sheets with wax paper.
2. Place white chips and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at
MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds
at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Stir in 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal in one bowl; stir until cereal is evenly
coated. Pour cereal mixture into large resealable food storage plastic bag.
3. Add 6 tablespoons (90 mL) powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until cereal is well coated. Spread
cereal mixture on prepared tray. Cool completely.
4. Repeat procedure with chocolate chips using remaining cereal, butter, vanilla and
5. Stir together cooled cereal mixtures, chocolate pieces, almonds and dried cranberries.
Store in a dry, cool place. Makes about 7-1/2 cups (1.75 L) snack mix.