Championship Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
Chocolatey and chewy, these bars are best served with fun, family and friends.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 tbsp vanilla (15 mL)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine (125 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided (350 g)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (1)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In medium bowl, mix together flour and brown sugar; cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the semi-sweet chocolate chips; press mixture into ungreased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) chips and nuts. Spread evenly over baked crust.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.