Caramel Peach Chia Pudding Recipe
Layers of flavour are sure to delight with this nutty, sweet Caramel Peach Chia Pudding. A family favourite in the making.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 6 peaches, pitted and peeled (6)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (175 mL)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch (45 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 1 cup milk or almond milk (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (50 mL)
- 2 tsp honey (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (50 mL)
- 1. Toss together peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Layer in bottom of 8-quart slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until tender and saucy. Let cool.
2. Mix together milk, chia seeds, honey and vanilla in bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Layer 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia pudding with 2 tbsp (30 mL) peach mixture and 1 tbsp (15 mL) caramel chips in each of 4 parfait glasses or serving dishes. Repeat layers twice; top evenly with yogurt and sprinkle with remaining caramel chips.
• Add toasted coconut or chopped toasted almonds to chia pudding if desired.
• Use any leftover peach mixture for serving over ice cream, yogurt or oatmeal