Cappuccino KISSed Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (375 mL)
- 6 tbsp melted butter or Becel® margarine (90 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces, divided (300 mL)
- 4 pkgs (8 oz ea) brick-style cream cheese (1 kg)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (150 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1/3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (1 mL)
- Espresso Cream:
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (30 mL)
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (5 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss cookie crumbs with butter; press onto bottom and 1-inch (2.5 cm) up the side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan.
2. Melt 1 cup (250 mL) of the chocolate baking pieces in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed until very smooth. Add eggs, milk, espresso powder and cinnamon; beat on low speed until well-blended. Add melted chocolate; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
3. Bake for 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack; cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake from sides of pan. Cool completely; remove the springform ring. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Beat whipping cream, icing sugar and instant espresso powder until stiff. Spoon onto cheesecake portions to garnish.
Makes 16 servings.
BECEL is a registered trade-mark of Unilever Canada.