Candy Cane Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|2 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (500 mL)|
|1 cup||softened, unsalted butter (250 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|1 cup||lightly packed brown sugar (250 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|3 cups||all-purpose flour (750 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1/2 cup||coarsely crushed candy canes or striped mint candies (optional) (125 mL)|
- 1. Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Cool to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Beat butter with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Mix flour with baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and melted chocolate. Stir in crushed candy (if using).
3. Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until just set but still chewy.
Makes 48 cookies.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• Use a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy saucepan to crush candies.
• Garnish each cookie with additional melted chocolate and an additional sprinkle of crushed candy canes.