Butterscotch Walnut Scones Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|3 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour (800 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|4 tsp||baking powder (20 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (300 g)|
|1/2 cup||chopped walnuts (125 mL)|
|2 cups||chilled 35% whipping cream (500 mL)|
|2 tbsp||melted butter (30 mL)||Additional sugar for sprinkling|
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C); arrange racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Stir flour with sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in butterscotch chips and walnuts.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, just until ingredients are moistened. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently for about 2 minutes or until a soft dough forms.
4. Divide dough into three equal balls. Flatten each ball into 7-inch (18 cm) circle; cut each circle into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles, about 2-inches (5 cm) apart, on prepared baking sheets. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a little additional sugar.
5. Bake, rotating pans once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 24 scones.
• You can replace walnuts with another nut such as chopped pecans, almonds