Butterscotch Nut Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar (425 mL)
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme (200 g)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter (50 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (425 mL)
- 1 cup chopped salted mixed nuts (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1. Line an 8-inch (2 L) square pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan.
2. Combine sugar, marshmallow creme, milk and butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; gradually add butterscotch chips, stirring until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Chill for 2 to 3 hours. Remove from pan and place on a cutting board; peel off foil. Cut fudge into squares. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen pieces or 2 1/4 lb (1.05 kg) of candy.