Butterscotch Blondies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (softened) (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated) (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (425 mL)
- 1 cup nuts (chopped), optional (250 mL)
- 2 cups flour (500 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x 9x 2 inch (33x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.