Burnt Caramel and Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae Recipe
No need to go out for sundaes! Create your own masterpiece topped with rich Burnt Caramel and Milk Chocolate sauce.
- Burnt Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL )
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 mL)
- Milk Chocolate Sauce:
- 2/3 cup whipping cream (150 mL)
- 3 tbsp corn syrup (45 mL)
- 6 oz HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (175 g)
- Ice Cream Sundaes:
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (1 L)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts (60 mL)
- Burnt Caramel Sauce: In saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water. Stir until sugar is dissolved, brushing down sides of saucepan with wet pastry brush. Bring to boil; boil, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is dark amber. Averting face, immediately add cream; stir until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in butter until smooth. Let cool slightly.
Milk Chocolate Sauce: In saucepan set over medium heat, bring cream and corn syrup to simmer. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Ice Cream Sundaes: Scoop ice cream into bowl or sundae glasses. Top with Burnt Caramel Sauce and/or Milk Chocolate Sauce. Garnish with strawberries, chocolate chips and peanuts.
Tip: Refrigerate leftover sauces for up to 2 weeks.