Brownies in a Jar Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (375 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips or CHIPITS� White Cholcolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1. Stir the flour with the baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Layer the ingredients in a clean 4 cup (1 L) glass canister or jar in the following order (from bottom to top): sugar, cocoa, flour mixture, peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chips. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle between each layer.
3. Cover the jar and attach baking directions (see below). Makes 1 gift jar.
Baking Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan. Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted and slightly cooled butter and 2 slightly beaten eggs in a large bowl. Gently stir in the contents of the jar. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool in pan.
Makes 16 bars.