BROOKSIDE Streusel Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1 egg, beaten (1)
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine (1 stick) (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (175 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 1 cup BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours (250 mL or 200g pkg)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, egg and butter in large bowl until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Set
aside 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) crumb mixture; press the remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven. Pour sweetened condensed milk over hot crust; evenly
sprinkle surface with chocolate pieces and chocolate chips. Top with reserved crumb mixture,
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire
rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.