BROOKSIDE Snack Mix Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick) (60 mL)
- 1 tbsp HERSHEY’S Cocoa (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp sugar (15 mL)
- 2 cups toasted oat cereal rings (500 mL)
- 2 cups bite-size crisp rice squares cereal (500 mL)
- 1 cup whole almonds (250 mL)
- 1 cup BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours (250 mL or 200g pkg)
- 1. Heat oven to 250°F (120°C).
2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until
melted; stir in cocoa and sugar. Add cereals and almonds; stir until evenly coated. Pour
mixture into 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan.
3. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely; stir in candy pieces. Store in
tightly covered container in cool, dry place. Makes about 6 cups (1.5 L) snack mix.