BROOKSIDE Peanut Butter Party Mix Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 4 1/2 cups crisped rice cereal squares (1.125 L)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (150 mL)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (30 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (150 mL)
- 1 cup BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours (250 mL or 200g pkg)
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (250 mL)
- 1 cup salted peanuts or dry roasted peanuts (250 mL)
- 1. Place cereal in large mixing bowl; set aside. Line large tray or cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Place peanut butter chips, peanut butter and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an
additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture
is smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal; stir until cereal is evenly
coated. Pour mixture into large resealable food storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until cereal is well coated. Spread cereal mixture on
prepared tray. Cool completely.
4. Stir together cooled cereal, chocolate pieces, dried cranberries and peanuts. Store in a dry,
cool place. Makes about 7-1/2 cups (1.75 L) snack mix.