BROOKSIDE Party Mix Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 4 1/2 cups crisped rice cereal squares (1.125 L)
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (150 mL)
- 2 tbsp butter (30 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (125 mL)
- 1 cup BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry Flavours, BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Flavour or BROOKSIDE Mango and Mangosteen Flavours (230 mL or 200g pkg)
- 1 cup whole almonds (250 mL)
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (250 mL)
- 1. Place cereal in large mixing bowl; set aside. Line large tray or cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time,stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal; stir until cereal is evenly coated. Pour cereal mixture into large resealable food storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until cereal is well coated. Spread cereal mixture on prepared tray. Cool completely.
4. Stir together cooled cereal, chocolate pieces, almonds and dried cranberries. Store in a dry,cool place.
Makes about 7-1/2 cups (1.75 L) party mix.