Black Eyed Susan Cheesecakes Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 10 Minutes
|24||vanilla wafer cookies (24)|
|2 pkgs (8 oz ea)||cream cheese, softened (500 g)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract (2 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)|
|3 tbsp||butter (45 mL)||Sliced almonds|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups with foil liners (2-inch/5 cm diameter). Place one vanilla wafer, flat-side down, in bottom of each cup.
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Divide cream cheese mixture between prepared cups.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or just until set, but not browned. Cool.
4. Place chocolate chips and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
5. Spoon a small circle of the chocolate mixture onto centre of each cheesecake, to resemble the centre of the flower. Arrange almond slices around chocolate mixture to resemble petals. Chill until set.
Makes 2 dozen cheesecakes.