Best Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, melted (125 mL)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) (125 mL)
- OPTIONAL CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING:
- 3 tbsp butter or Becel® margarine, softened (45 mL)
- 3 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (45 mL)
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup or honey (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1 cup icing sugar (250 mL)
- 1 tbsp milk (approx.) (15 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan.
2. Stir butter with sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add eggs; beat well with a spoon. Stir flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts (if using). Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into squares.
4. Optional Creamy Brownie Frosting: Beat butter with cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended. Add icing sugar and milk; beat, adding a bit more milk if needed, until spreadable. Spread frosting over cooled brownies and cut into squares.
Makes 16 brownies.
BECEL is a registered trade-mark of Unilever Canada.