Berry-Berry Brownie Torte Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) (125 mL)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided (300 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Wax paper line and grease 9-inch (23 cm) round baking pan. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add cocoa, blending well. Stir in flour mixture. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
4. Beat whipping cream and remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Spread over top of brownie. Top with berries. Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.