Banana Chocolate Topped Cupcakes Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/2 container sour cream (8 oz) (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup milk (50 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 3/4 cups sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (4 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- Additional REESE Spreads
- FILLING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches/ 6 cm in diameter) with foil or paper bake cups. Prepare FILLING; set aside.
2. Beat sour cream, banana, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla in large mixer bowl until combined. Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, blending thoroughly. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Place heaping tablespoon FILLING in center of batter.
3. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 5 minutes. Spread about 1 tsp (5 mL) peanut butter chocolate spread over top of cupcake. Cool completely.
Makes about 24 cupcakes.
FILLING: Beat 1 package (8 oz) (250 g) softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup (125 mL) REESE Spreads, 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar, 1 egg and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt in small mixer bowl until smooth and creamy.