Banana Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 package white cake mix (460 g)
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (250 mL)
- 1 cup REESE Spreads (250 mL)
- ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar (650 mL)
- 1/3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking pan. Prepare cake according to package directions. Stir in mashed banana.
2. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Poke holes with end of wooden spoon about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart into warm cake (do not pierce bottom of cake).
3. Place peanut butter chocolate spread in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 45 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until spread is smooth and very fluid when stirred. Spread evenly over cake surface. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Beat butter in medium bowl. Add cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with milk; beat to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Blend in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups (500 mL) frosting.
Makes 12 servings.