Banana and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2/3 cup mashed banana, about 2 bananas (150 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- 3/4 cup chopped, unsalted roasted peanuts (optional) (175 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C); position the racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
2. Beat the butter with the brown and granulated sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in banana, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Stir the flour with the baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; beat into the banana mixture, just until combined. Fold in peanut butter chips and peanuts (if using).
4. Drop small spoonfuls of dough, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake, two pans at a time, rotating the pans halfway through, for 12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.