Bacon and Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* or Becel® Original margarine (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 2 tbsp corn syrup (30 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon (60 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (650 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL )
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY'S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS Creamy Milk Chocolate Chunks (375 mL)
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (250 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using electric mixer, beat together margarine, brown and granulated sugars, and corn syrup. Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in bourbon and vanilla.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix into margarine mixture until blended. Stir in bacon, chocolate chunks and pecans. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, in centre of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes; transfer to rack and let cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec
Trade Marks used under license.