Autumn Peanutty Carrot Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 3 eggs (3)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (125 mL)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (10 mL)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda (6 mL)
- 2 cups grated carrot (500 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (400 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (125 mL)
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 oz brick-style cream cheese, softened (175 g)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (125 mL)
- 4 cups icing sugar (1 L)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch (20 cm) round baking pans.
2. Beat eggs, oil and vanilla in large bowl. Stir flour with granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda; add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and walnuts; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool completely.
4. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost all over and in between layers of cooled cake. Reserve leftover cake, covered, in the refrigerator.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.