Acorn KISSES Chocolates Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- ROYAL ICING or Decorator's Frosting (recipe follows)
- HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Mini vanilla wafer cookies
- CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips or CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips
- 1. Prepare ROYAL ICING and place in pastry bag with small tip. Remove wrappers from milk chocolates.
2. Place mini vanilla wafer cookies on tray or plate with flat side of cookie toward the top. Squeeze small amount of icing onto bottom of milk chocolate piece. Immediately press chocolate bottom onto vanilla wafer cookie. Allow icing to set.
3. Place small dab of icing on bottom of peanut butter chip or butterscotch chip; immediately attach to top of cookie to finish acorn.
ROYAL ICING: Stir together 1 cup (250 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) warm water and 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until spreadable. Add additional water, 1 tsp (5 mL) at a time, to get desired consistency. Transfer icing to pastry bag with desired tip. Cover icing and tip of pastry bag with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing.