S'Mores Cookie Bars
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter 125 mL
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 325 mL
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 175 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 180 g
- 1 cup marshmallow creme 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch (2 L) baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir flour with graham crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Press half of the dough into the prepared pan.
3. Scatter chocolate chips over dough and spread marshmallow creme over top. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form and even layer.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.