Sandwich Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup softened butter 250 mL
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- pinch fresh ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 cups HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (melted) 500 mL
- 1. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg.
2. Stir flour with baking powder, nutmeg and salt in separate bowl; blend into butter mixture on medium speed until combined.
3. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a disk and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll out each disk on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4-in (5 mm) thick. Use any shaped cutter to cut out cookies. Re-roll scraps.
5. Bake, on parchment-lined baking sheets, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cool on pan for 2 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
6. Spread a little melted chocolate over the bottom of a cookie; immediately, sandwich with another cookie bottom. Repeat with remaining cookies.
7. Decorate one side of sandwiched cookies with melted chocolate as preferred. Chill until set.
• Use both milk and semi-sweet chocolate to decorate cookies for a pretty two-toned effect.
• To melt chocolate chips, heat in the microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth.