Red Raspberry Chocolate Bars
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 625 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans 175 mL
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine 250 mL
- 1 egg, beaten 1
- 1 1/2 cups seedless raspberry jam 375 mL
- 1 2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 400 mL
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. Stir flour, sugar and pecans together in large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; mix in eggs to combine. Set aside 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) crumb mixture.
3. Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan; spread jam over top. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips. Crumble remaining crumb mixture evenly over top.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
Makes 3 dozen bars.