Peanut Butter Lovers Swirl Cakes
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 box Betty Crocker* Golden Cake Mix
- 1 cup water 250 mL
- 3 eggs 3
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter 125 mL
- ¼ cup butter, softened 50 mL
- ½ cup HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup 125 mL
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter 45 mL
- 2 - 3 tbsp milk 30-45 mL
- 1 cup icing sugar 250 mL
- 2 tbsp HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup 30 mL
- 20 REESE MINIATURES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candies, unwrapped, cut in half 20
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease two 8x4-inch (20x10 cm) loaf pans with shortening; sprinkle with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
2. Remove 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the batter to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate syrup to make chocolate fudge batter.
3. Spread half of the peanut butter batter evenly in loaf pans (one-fourth of batter in each pan). Spoon chocolate fudge batter onto centre of peanut butter batter in pans. Spoon and spread remaining peanut butter batter evenly over pans. Swirl with knife in circular motion.
4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans. Carefully turn pans upside down onto cooling rack to remove cakes. Cook 1 hour.
5. In medium bowl, beat 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanut butter and 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk with whisk until smooth. Add icing sugar; mix until smooth. If necessary, gradually add additional 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk until glaze is desired consistency. Divide glaze between 2 small bowls. In 1 bowl, stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate syrup until well blended. Drizzle peanut butter and chocolate glazes over cakes; sprinkle peanut butter cups over tops of cakes.
Tip: This recipe makes 2 loaves of chocolate-peanut butter goodness; one for you and one for a friend. This makes a delicious gift for the peanut butter lover in your life.
*Trademark General Mills Inc.
©2014 General Mills