Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Tassies
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened 175 mL
- 3 oz cream cheese 90 g
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided 175 mL
- 1 egg, lightly beaten 1
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1 mL
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 250 mL
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips 250 mL
- 2 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) 10 mL
- 1. Beat softened butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl; add flour and 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar, beating until well blended. Cover; chill about 1 hour or until dough is firm. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; press each ball onto bottom and up sides of about 36 small muffin cups (1 3/4-inch/4.5 cm) diameter.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine egg, remaining sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Toss milk chocolate chips with peanut butter chips; set aside 1/3 cup (75 mL). Add remaining chip mixture to egg mixture. Divide egg mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned. Cool completely, transfer from pan to wire rack.
4. Combine reserved chip mixture with shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until mixture is smooth when stirred. Drizzle over tassies to garnish.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.