Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Mudd Balls
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 250 mL
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) 2 mL
- 1. Toss milk chocolate chips with peanut butter chips. Measure out 2/3 cup (150 mL); set aside. Place the remaining chips in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade; pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand.
2. Place reserved whole chips and shortening in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 45 seconds; stir. If necessary microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval until mixture is smooth.
3. Pour melted chocolate mixture over chopped chips, stirring to coat evenly. Use hands to form mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place in small candy cups (if desired). Store in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 20 candies.