Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Blondies
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar 375 mL
- 1 cup butter or margarine (melted) 250 mL
- 1/2 cup sugar 125 mL
- 2 eggs 2
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips (divided) 250 mL
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips (divided) 250 mL
- 1/4 tsp shortening 1 mL
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch (39 x 27 x 1.5 cm) jelly-roll pan.
2. Stir together brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt, beating just until blended. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) each milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Stir remaining chips in batter; spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and surface is lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars.
4. Place remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk chocolate chips, remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut butter chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Drizzle over bars.
Makes about 6 dozen bars.