Peanut Butter and Chocolate Truffles
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes) 175 mL
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips 250 mL
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa 125 mL
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) 300 mL
- 1 tbsp vanilla 15 mL
- Cocoa or finely chopped nuts or graham cracker crumbs
- 1. In large saucepan over very low heat, melt butter and peanut butter chips, stirring often. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk; stir constantly about 4 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
2. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll in cocoa, nuts or graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen balls.