Mini Chocolate Chip Oat Scones
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/2 cup 5% light cream 125 mL
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup 60 mL
- 1 large Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (approx.) 500 mL
- 2 tbsp baking powder 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 2/3 cup cold Unsalted Butter, cubed 150 mL
- 1 1/2 cups toasted, large flake rolled oats, divided 375 mL
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans 125 mL
- 1 pkg (1 3/4 cups) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips, divided 270 g
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the cream, corn syrup and egg until well combined; measure out 1 tbsp (15 mL) and set aside for brushing the tops.
2. Pulse the flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined; add the butter and pulse until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl. Measure out 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oats and set aside. Add the remaining oats, pecans and 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips to the flour mixture; blend well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the cream mixture. Mix until a ragged dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface; pat into an 8 x 6-inch (20 cm x 15 cm) rectangle. Brush with the reserved milk mixture and sprinkle with reserved oats. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough, lengthwise into 3 long strips. Cut each strip into 4 squares, cut each square in half on the angle to make 24 wedges. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water; drizzle over scones.