Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Put this cake to work. It actually makes its own chocolate sauce as it bakes.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar , divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa , divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine , melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1-1/4 cups water hot
- Whipped topping (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. Spread batter in ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. Serve in dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired. Makes 9 (1/2 cup) servings.