Double Peanut Butter Paisley Brownies
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 125 mL
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter 50 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1 cup light brown sugar 250 mL
- 3 eggs 3
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 2/3 cups REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips 400 mL
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup 125 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch (3.5 L) baking dish; set aside.
2. Beat butter with peanut butter in a large bowl. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the vanilla.
3. Stir flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture; blend well. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan; spoon syrup over top. Carefully top with remaining batter. Swirl with a metal spatula or a knife for a marble effect.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool dish completely on a rack. Cut into squares.
Makes 36 brownies.